his is the e-book of our project, do not stop reading it
PUBLIC DEBATES IN GRANADA. THINKING ABOUT THE NEW WALLS THAT ARE THREATENING EUROPE
Defining the new walls of Europe it a common responsibility to all of us. To build a strong Union is to detect what begins to separate us; it is to combat everything that has nothing to do with the spirit of tolerance and peace on which we founded our roots sixty years ago.
WE HAVE HELD IN THE EUROPEAN DOCUMENTATION CENTER OF THE UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA A ROUND TABLE ON THE NEW WALLS THAT EUROPE MUST EXCEED.
Thanks to all who attended
From New Walls Spain we have decided to take the start of the project by first carrying out an awareness exercise with ourselves.
In doing so, we tried to uncover what the needs of the whole of Spain were prior to the knowledge of the New Walls; and we conclude that the whole of Spanish society had a very serious problem and was the “ignorance” of the European Union and its work, its most recent history, the reasons for our accession to the union, that is, we consider that society as a whole has a great misinformation with respect to the union to which it belongs.
That is why, from AIFED, and more specifically, from New Walls BROKEN, we decided to join together with the organizations that are in Granada, making references of the European Unit, to begin our part of the project creating a base in the citizenship of knowledge about Europe, before discussing the new walls to overcome.
Also on November 16 we held a workshop where we could talk at a round table with several Granada people about the situation in Spain, its walls / problems and how to solve them, as well as the role of the European Union in it
In this workshop we discuss the following walls of Spain:
- Youth Work: In which the attendees expressed great concern about the qualification of the Spaniards and the fateful labor market in which we find ourselves, so that for a young person it is almost impossible to find a job after finishing their studies.
- For them, this was a big problem since they considered in the final debate that the actions that are being carried out today will have a great impact in the future, so it is better to prevent a wall to create it.
- Education: They encompassed the educational issue in a broader sense by publicizing the profound misinformation in which people live, not because they cannot access information media, but because the population has not been taught to think for themselves yet They insisted that a great problem or wall was Spain was the education of its inhabitants.
- Prejudices: Attendees consider prejudice the basis and problem of all the differentiation or identity problems of Spain, they agreed that Spain was a multicultural country, so all Spaniards should be tolerant with respect to other areas of Spain, given that there are numerous prejudices or ridicules that affect unity, they considered that the prejudice was not the wall, but the spark that produces it.
- Global Spain: Attendees also considered that Spain is still beginning to globalize and that one of the problems of the country is that its inhabitants still had a mental wall that closed opportunities to open their vision, try new projects, etc.