The Project Fem’trepreneur will be developed through the Anna Lindh Foundatin Virtual Marathon for Dialogue and it aims to contribute with the empowerment of women to become agents of change via social entrepreneurship and innovation. The themes adressed in this Project are: Women and Gender Stereotypes, Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship.
The meaningful participation of women in national, local, and community has become an important focus on EuroMed region development policy. Women’s participation results in tangible gains for the society, including greater responsiveness to citizen needs, increased cooperation across ethnic lines, and a more sustainable future. The topic of women involvement in the social entrepreneurship is strongly addressing the cultural cooperation, in particular as our project is implemented by a consortium of partners from 3 countries with very different approach on the subject.
The role of women in social enterprises as founder, leader and decision makers is very low: how can be supported and which direction can be taken? This is one of the main questions we aim to answer with our project.
The action proposed by the Cross-National consortium coordinated by AIFED has been titled as Fem’Entrepreneur: Social Entrepreneurship to empower Young Women, as a clear way to identify the core of our proposal.
The main activities of the project are:
- A lecture carried out by AIFED, that explores social entrepreneurship focused on women empowerment and further resources.
- A debate implemented by the Turkish partner about Gender stereotypes. We will select hot topics related to gender stereotype and propose a debate linking social entrepreneurship and women.
- A debate implemented by the Swedish partner about the programs destined to young entrepreneur woman.
- A roundtable moderated by AIFED with the participation of all the partners to share good practices, opportunities and ways to foster the social entrepreneurial spirit in each participant country and in EuroMed region.
Throughout the implementation we aim:
- To increase the awareness among the participants about the programs currently destined for boosting entrepreneurial competences
- To contribute to the fight against of gender stereotypes and women involvement in making a positive change in the society
- To increase positive feelings and empower youngsters and women by showcasing examples of female entrepreneurs who had a positive impact on the society during the COVID19 crisis
- To increase the collaboration among countries that are part of Anna Lind Foundation Network on the issues of social innovation and entrepreneurship focused on growing women as empowered leaders
- To share good practices that are being implemented in the countries that form this consortium and to follow-up with possible recommendation for triggering policies changes
- Create a space where youngsters and women interested in becoming social entrepreneurs can meet and put the basis of further transnational cooperation
Find here the link to our Facebook page, for getting to know more news and the activity days and links to join: https://www.facebook.com/Femtrepreneur-101649232118452