Austrian Association of Inclusive Society (AIS) is a non-governmental research organization established at Vienna, Austria.
AIS aim to improve the situation of people who have social, educational disadvantages and disabilities (physical, sensory, intellectual) in all areas of social, cultural and educational life.
AIS work on adaptation of disadvantaged and disabled people to social, educational, technological and physical environment through improvement of their communication and social skills, exchange of experience.
AIS members and volunteers fight for equal rights and full inclusion of disadvantaged and disabled people of the society in all aspects of life.
Main departments of AIS are
- Community development
- Personal development
- Professional development
- Integration and social inclusion
- National and international cooperation
There is a voluntary based structure and commitments are the settings where the activities are carried out. The people in AIS run activities driven by personal commitment, and they see the direct benefit for the people involved.
AIS management team communicates with public authorities and other stakeholders. Therefore there is a demand to present solid documentation and evaluation of the content and effect of the activities and projects.
- Promoting non-discrimination and equal opportunities for youth,
- Providing assistance to reach non-formal education for youth that are most in need of support,
- Promoting inclusion in EU policies related to the areas of education, youth, culture, social affairs and employment as a tool and instrument for social advancement, development and improvement.